cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start. Getting message, "The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted."

CYewe
Associate II

Using Windows 7, 64 bit. Installed Keil uVision5 first and can run. Install of STM32CubeMX had no issues but can't run the application. Have updated Java, uninstalled CubeMX and reinstalled CubeMX and getting the same message. Not sure about editing the registry -- don't want to screw it up. Any help would be great. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CYewe
Associate II

Hi Nesrine,

Thank you for your help and time on this issue. I installed Java from the link you provided and STM32CubeMX is now working. And I have my Nucleo board running code! I must have been trying to use a 32bit version of Java, or something. Thanks also to Clive Two.Zero and the ST Community!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Should be a Java control panel app to check versions and cleanup

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CYewe
Associate II

Control Panel indicates the last update (today) is Version 8 Update 201. Changed various security setting with no result. Same error message.

Then your alternatives here get to be to inspect and modify the registry. Start by inspection so you can provide useful feedback to ST so they might be able to understand/address/resolve issues.

Problem is that there a million ways a system in the field may be configured, and systems get registries cluttered with junk, and dependencies on drivers, DLLs, applications which might no long be valid or internally coherent.

Search on terms like "Java", "Java Runtime", "JRE" to locate the nodes. You're looking for random crap not related to the current installation, ie zombie nodes or data that is ambiguous or inconsistent.

'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'

@Nawres GHARBI​  consider providing diagnostic and analysis software which can determine why a system won't work, and sufficient depth of reporting that you can understand the system as it exists, and fails, so you can fix and address problems not seen from local testing.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CYewe
Associate II

Using Registry Editor, I find the folder 1.8.0_65 (with a sub folder: MSI) Double-click on JavaHome and get the Value data: C;\Program Files\Java\jre 1.8.0_65. Paste this in File Explorer and get the message, "Can't find...jre 1.8.0_65". That folder contains the STM32CubeMX.exe and related folders.

Any ideas on my next step?

Semi-colon looks dodgy

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_151" using this 32-bit version here

File Export the JavaSoft registry node and provide for ST to review

CYewe
Associate II

Thanks. Yes that semi-colon was wrong but it was my typo -- I didn't cut & paste. The value data has a colon. Anyway, that path seems to be wrong -- it is the directory for the STM32Cube app. So, I did export the JavaSoft registry to a file; who do I send it to, or do I post here? Sorry, I'm new to this.

You could attach it here, or in a PM to @Nawres GHARBI​ @Khouloud GARSI​ 

Hopefully someone will review/respond, or I will escalate the issue from my end.

CYewe
Associate II

I posted the file here and sent to Nawres. Now I see nothing here.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Your feedback has been raised internally to CubeMx for check.

We will come back to you soon with update.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen