cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin function Spreadsheet

Stan0402
Associate II

Does ST provide an excel or CSV form of a pin functionality spreadsheet, to aid in assigning pin connections during development? This would be similar to Table 13 in the datasheet, but not in PDF form.

10 REPLIES 10
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

In some way StCube can help. Otherwise I have warped the stcube xml fille to header files to pinmux headers like

# define PINMUX(gpio, func) ((gpio == PIN_NONE) ? AF_PIN_NONE :        \

((gpio == PA00) && (func == TIM2_CH1_FUNC           )) ? 1 : \

((gpio == PA00) && (func == USART2_CTS_FUNC         )) ? 7 : \

((gpio == PA00) && (func == COMP1_OUT_FUNC          )) ? 12 : \

((gpio == PA00) && (func == TIM2_ETR_FUNC           )) ? 14 : \

in

https://sourceforge.net/p/ethernut/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/nut/include/arch/cm3/stm/generated/

At least you can grep these file fore what pin carry e.g. the TIM2_CH1_FUNC function.

@Stan0402​ - If only ST would provide data in spreadsheet form, it would help us a lot!

Here's what I do:

1. use the Tabula utility to extract the table from the datasheet PDF into CSV
  2. fix up the headers in CSV with an editor
  3. import CSV into a spreadsheet.
  4. hide rows pertaining to pins not present in the package we're using
  5. change background to red for all resreved pins (power, swd, crystal, etc)

Its very annoying!

Hope that helps,

Best Regards, Dave

Hi Uwe, Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately this is not what I am looking for. I need a spreadsheet tool to document and determine the configurations.

Hi Dave, thanks for the idea. Unfortunately I cannot get the Tabula utility to work. It tries to navigate to some IP address that returns file not found.

Sorry to hear that, Tabula always works great here.

2nd best is zamzar utility; give that one a try.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards, Dave

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

Using STM32CubeMX, you should be able to export the pinout to a csv file:

0690X000006DNIUQA4.png

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks @Amel NASRI​ but that is not quite what we need. Especially when trying to determine which package to use, we need something more like the table in the datasheets. Also when trying to prototype with a large package (for example on Nucleo) for a product that will use a smaller package, we need all variants in one sheet. Example below,

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

PS: Prototyping with Nucelo and building product with a different (usually smaller package is a reason you have so very many requests to make it easy to change selected package within CubeMX!

0690X000006DNLTQA4.png

Hi @Dave Nadler​ ,

Your request is shared with our STM32CubeMX experts who can assess it.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Dave Nadler​ 

I have shared your request with our Development Team.

Regards,

Khouloud.