cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting this error message "These IPs still have some not configured or wrong parameter values : [FATFS]" when trying to generate code on STM32CubeMX

SSoni
Associate III

Hii,

While configuring STM32F446RE on CubeMX version 5.0.1 for using the board for reading and writing data on an SD card using SDIO mode (1 bit mode), after enabling this mode and then enabling SD Card option in the FATFS Middleware, it asks me to resolve clock issues and I run the auto-clock resolver, the clock issue gets resolved but when I click on generate code, I get this error message "These IPs still have some not configured or wrong parameter values : [FATFS]". When I try to check what is wrong with the IPs, there is just one option available and I cannot find a way to resolve this error. I click on generate the code anyway.

Kindly help

With regards

Siddharth Soni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WBOUG
Senior

Hi @SSoni​ 

It's Fatfs, and the tab / tab "Platform settings" that introduced this warning since 5.0.

For the mechanism of SD detection, it is expected to generate code (SD_Detected_PIN, a trick in the style) that takes into account "real" settings on the platform (the board)

By default, if we generate anyway, the function will be generated empty (look in the code generated by Mx).

So the user can believe that it is ok (it will compile, even linker), but the execution it will not do much on the call to this function of detection of an SD.

It is more a warning than an error Mx rating (it does not prevent the generation of code), even if in fact, for the execution it's not terrible if it's empty.

So to solve this problem you have to follow the next steps :

1- On the Pinout View, choose the pin relative to your SDIO then choose GPIO input

2- In the Plateform Setting choose the Pin that you have enabled on Pinout View.

3- Generate the code and all will happen to perfection.

You find in file attach a descriptive image

0690X000006DIoLQAW.png

Best Regards,

Wael

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WBOUG
Senior

Hi @SSoni​ 

It's Fatfs, and the tab / tab "Platform settings" that introduced this warning since 5.0.

For the mechanism of SD detection, it is expected to generate code (SD_Detected_PIN, a trick in the style) that takes into account "real" settings on the platform (the board)

By default, if we generate anyway, the function will be generated empty (look in the code generated by Mx).

So the user can believe that it is ok (it will compile, even linker), but the execution it will not do much on the call to this function of detection of an SD.

It is more a warning than an error Mx rating (it does not prevent the generation of code), even if in fact, for the execution it's not terrible if it's empty.

So to solve this problem you have to follow the next steps :

1- On the Pinout View, choose the pin relative to your SDIO then choose GPIO input

2- In the Plateform Setting choose the Pin that you have enabled on Pinout View.

3- Generate the code and all will happen to perfection.

You find in file attach a descriptive image

0690X000006DIoLQAW.png

Best Regards,

Wael

SKris.1616
Associate II

Hi,

I am facing same problem.

but didn't get the answer clearly. I have configured for 4 bit wide SDIO.

I see below are the pin details:

SDIO_CMD, SDIO_CK, SDIO_D1,D2,D3,D4.

What i understand from above solution is, Select any one pin (Other than above mentioned) which supports SDIO related and make as GPIO input. Is it correct?

Regards,

Suresh.

Hi,

After doing with the above solution code generation and compilation is clean.

But when i download the code then during data verification connection is getting lost due to data mismatch.

Error: Data mismatch found at address 0x0800F000 (byte = 0x00 instead of 0x01)

Error: Download verification failed

Encountered Error when opening C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.0.2\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_1.1.0.201910081157\tools\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe

Error in STM32CubeProgrammer

Debugger connection lost.

Shutting down...

I am using STM32F411CE 32pin. Selected SDIO supported pin which is PB4 as a GPIO input and assigned it under plateform settings.

Regards,

Suresh.

Graham1904
Associate II

What do you mean by "... which supports SDIO related" surely, other than SCK, CMD D0-D3, no other GPIO pin is "SDIO related" ?