cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional steps to read st25dv16k chip when attached to tuned antenna?

CSeem
Associate II

I have designed a pcb that will connect the st25dv16k chip to a tuned trace antenna. Before I solder it, is there anything I need to do to the chip itself, programming or otherwise, in order for the tag to read on a device such as a phone? I haven't tried it yet, just don't want to solder the chip on yet if there are steps I'm missing.

Thanks!

Christina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Hello,

First thank you for using ST25DV!

No, there is no particular thing to do. The device is already configured with default factory setting to be ready to use. Once you solder it and connect it to the antenna, the device is ready to be used and can be accessed with an ISO15693 reader.

Nevertheless, the memory is empty (no NDEF file present), so you will need a dedicated application on your smartphone to access the tag. For this you can use the "ST25 NFC Tap" application on your Android phone (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.st.st25nfc&hl=fr), or the "NFC Tap" application for iPhone on AppStore.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Hello,

First thank you for using ST25DV!

No, there is no particular thing to do. The device is already configured with default factory setting to be ready to use. Once you solder it and connect it to the antenna, the device is ready to be used and can be accessed with an ISO15693 reader.

Nevertheless, the memory is empty (no NDEF file present), so you will need a dedicated application on your smartphone to access the tag. For this you can use the "ST25 NFC Tap" application on your Android phone (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.st.st25nfc&hl=fr), or the "NFC Tap" application for iPhone on AppStore.

Best regards.

Thank you for the quick response! That is good to know. I was wondering because the antenna I designed wasn't working with the chip and I wasn't sure if it was wholly the antenna design or if there was something I was missing.