cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVLED001A - Over voltage ishue

SRata
Associate II

Designing an 80W power supply based on HVLED001A for 40V out at 2Amp. The issue is at lower loads it shots up to 60V. loads greater than 1 Amp it drops down to 40V. the layout is based on the edesign suite by ST., in addition, the Cclp, RCLP, HVLED001A and mosfet are heating up drastically at lower loads. Can someone please suggest the reason for overshoot as it is destroying components which can only handle 45V. 

4 REPLIES 4
JHarm
Associate II

0690X000006DGMeQAO.pngThere is minimum power at burst mode, you must dissipate on secondary side.

SRata
Associate II
Hi,
Attached is the layout and details generated by e-design. I am loading the output by suggested resistor value. Do you think HVLED001A is good enough part for giving a constant voltage output? If I load it any further then ill waste too much energy in the standby state.
JHarm
Associate II

If you use PSR, you can use only CV output, so, yes, it is good part for it. Regarding wasting energy, it is dependent on transformer quality (leakage inductance) as well as snubber design, transfer ratio, inductance...

SRata
Associate II
Can you please suggest what I need to change in design in order to get expected results.