cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to monitor the file copy status by the program in MSC mode? Like file copy from SD card is in progress, file copy completed etc? If yes, what is the method?

VKuma.13
Associate

I am using stm32 L4 family microcontroller. I enabled MSC mode to copy files from SD card mounted to device to PC. But I want to know how can I monitor the status from my code running in MCU? My program should check whether file copy in progress, completed etc..

2 REPLIES 2

You would want to monitor the sector access, mostly writes, against the file structures on those given sectors. File system would tend to update directory entry last.

Process a bit involved, not looking to carry task.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. Can you please share the link/example code which supports this (If available).

I am looking for a simple method to indicate user that file copying from device to PC is in progress by blinking LED (LED will blink only if there is file copy). Is there a simple solution?