cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX-generated project with FreeRTOS and Lwip fails to compile!

I generated a simple project to create a base for a project including a web server on STM32F429 Nucleo board.

The CubeMX-generated code fails to build.

This morning, within CubeMX plug-in I downloaded and installed the latest pack and CubeMX, but the Help->About still says version 5.0.0 STMCube v1.0. What version am I actually running?

I've attached the IOC so you can easily generate code and reproduce the problem.

Please let me know how to get a working example!

Thanks, Best Regards, Dave

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

What is exactly the failure seen ?

I tried to generate your code and I have this error: "fatal error: fsdata.c: No such file or directory".

"What version am I actually running?" => You are using CubeMx version 5.0.0 and not the latest version V5.0.1.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

@Imen DAHMEN​ -First, if you deal with the fsdata.c problem, you will find many other errors. If you fix them all, the code does not even work. Is a developer who is familiar with lwip and cube working on repairing this?

Second: You are telling me that the CubeMX plug-in's update process does not work?

How can I get it to work?

CubeMX plug-in currently says all updates are applied (to both cube and the library/pack), so either:

• updating does not work, or
  • you are mistaken, updating works but the version number displayed is wrong.

What's going on?

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Dave Nadler​ ,

I raised internally to CubeMX team your issue regaring CubeMX plug-in for check.

Also, the Lwip+FreeRTOS issue is under investigation and we will come back to you soon with update.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

@Imen DAHMEN​ - CubeMX update failure, or web server example failure?

Are both problems under investigation?

Thanks!

Best Regards, Dave

Imen.D
ST Employee

@Dave Nadler​ , Both problems are under investigation.

Kind Regards,

Imen

Thanks
Imen
WBOUG
Senior

Hi,

Your request has been forwarded for the development of the team. it will be fixed in the next version CubeMX.

Best Regards,

Wael

@WBOUG​ - CubeMX update failure, or web server example failure?

Will both problems be fixed in next release?

Thanks!

Best Regards, Dave