cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a TouchGFX app that runs on different screen resolutions

CP??r
Associate II

I am planning to develop an application using touchGFX and one of the requeriments is that it should run on different display's sizes (5 and 10 inches).

Is there any way to make an app that automatically resizes its elements depending on display's size? This is very common on mobile apps, but I haven't found any example or article describing how to do it with touchGFX.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Carmen Pérez​,

There's no direct support for targeting multiple resolutions in the TouchGFX designer and automatically resizing elements. Boards running TouchGFX are usually more constrained than mobile phones and as such as we only want to have code running on the board that's necessary. But if you want your gui to be portable you could have your view be aware of multiple resolutions and depending on the resolution set up the view in a different way. But you may end up with multiple assets (waste of memory) and a more complex application.

Your best and most effecient bet is to create two different appliactions that are custom tailored to a specific display/resolution.

Best regards

Martin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Carmen Pérez​,

There's no direct support for targeting multiple resolutions in the TouchGFX designer and automatically resizing elements. Boards running TouchGFX are usually more constrained than mobile phones and as such as we only want to have code running on the board that's necessary. But if you want your gui to be portable you could have your view be aware of multiple resolutions and depending on the resolution set up the view in a different way. But you may end up with multiple assets (waste of memory) and a more complex application.

Your best and most effecient bet is to create two different appliactions that are custom tailored to a specific display/resolution.

Best regards

Martin

CP??r
Associate II

OK, thank you for your quick response.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

@Carmen Pérez​,

You're welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this particular topic.

Best regards,

Martin