cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings lost when changing MCU

SAnde.12
Associate

Hi,

I am in the stage of porting an existing STM32F4 design to STM32CubeMX and in the future upgrade to a pin compatible STM32F7. STM32CubeMX seems to be a great tool with lot of potential but I have an issue when changing to a "Full Compatible" MCU using "List Pin Compatible MCUs". A lot of settings are lost in the process.

One example is the SPI data size. It seems that the configuration is not saved in the ioc file unless it is changed from the default value. If the new MCU has a different default value, the resulting setting will be incorrect.

As a workaround I must change all settings from their default and then back again to show up in the ioc or go through each setting after the MCU change and manually correct it.

Also, the clock configuration is completely lost. I know the clock tree is not always identical, but it is lost even if changing to a MCU in the same series with just different amount of flash.

In the Project Manager tab a lot of settings are lost too, e.g. toolchain, linker settings, code generation settings.

It would be a great improvement if as much configuration as possible were kept when changing MCU.

I am using STM32CubeMX Version 5.0.1 and switching from a STM32F4 to a STM32F7 but both clock configuration and project manager settings seems to be lost even when switching MCU within the STM32F4 family.

Best regards

/Stefan

0 REPLIES 0