cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upadate BlueNRG firmware using SPI and STM32

Jal Panchal
Associate III

Hi,

I have a BlueNRG-MS connected through SPI to a STM32L476 like that implemented on ST SensorTile board. The NRG chip wasn't working and I checked that the firmware version is 715. I think 723 is a the latest version and so I am trying to update the firmware.

• I don't have a USART connection, just USB, so I couldn't set up the connection to BlueNRG GUI software (Is this still possible ?)
  • I followed the steps in the document "AN4491 BlueNRG, BlueNRg-MS Updater" but couldn't complete the procedure.
  • Step 2 in section 7 says wait for "Evt_Blue_Initialized" and check reason code. I am not sure how to do this. How do I read this message ? Is it a HCI/ACI function ?
  • If I assume the event code is fine and continue, in step 7 it says "Write new firmware data". How exactly does this work ?

Can anyone please guide me in the right direction ? Am I missing something ?

Thank you

@STM Community​  @Community member​  @Maxim Yachniy​ 

2 REPLIES 2
Jal Panchal
Associate III

I found the firmware project "BlueNRG_Stack_TFR_Updater" with the BlueNRG-MS_Stack_v7.3 folder. But this is for STM32L1xx.

I tried following the steps in "AN4612 : Migrating from STM32L1xx to STM32L4xx" by just changing the FPU settings. But that didn't work the package has STM32L1xx all over the code.

Is there a solution of this ? A package for STM32L4xx or a was to use the existing code for STM32L4xx ?

Thank you.

@Community member​ Can you help me out ?