cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't stm32f7xx_hal_wwdg.c/.h contain HAL_WWDG_Start()?

Joe Kissell
Associate II

I'm using STM32CubeMX Version 5.0.0 and am trying to get the WWDG (Windowed Watchdog) working on a F7 series MCU.

The STM32Cube code did not appear to function. It only initialized the WWDG, but nothing more. I searched online and found that others were using the HAL_WWDG_Start() function. I reviewed the stm32f7xx_hal_wwdg.c/.h files and found no method for starting the watchdog.

I'm a bit confused. Is the driver/library missing code?

Note: While searching online, I found older versions of this same driver/library in GitHub from 2015 that did contain the HAL_WWDG_Start() function.

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Joe Kissell​ ,

The HAL WWDG driver is reworked within STM32F7xx HAL Drivers V1.1.0 (since April-2016) for more efficient implementation and the HAL_WWDG_Start() function has been totally removed. The WWDG peripheral configuration is ensured by the HAL_WWDG_Init() function to Initialize and start the WWDG.

You can however find the detailed description of WWDG functions and how to use WWDG driver in this User manual "Description of STM32F7 HAL and Low-layer drivers":

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/45/27/9c/32/76/57/48/b9/DM00189702.pdf/files/DM00189702.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00189702.pdf

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen