cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclamation mark in STM32Cube

SFazl
Associate

Hi everyone

I am new in ST ARM area in I am working on one design.

Using STM32Cube tool I managed to locate all my resources, but I am not sure if it is OK and I need confirmation.

I have some amber exclamation signs (no red), I suppose that my design is OK yet and I can continue. I understand that only some resources in this case are not available.

Can someone confirm my expectation in order to continue with schematic.

3 REPLIES 3
turboscrew
Senior III

I guess there is a necessary GPIO pin used by HOST_OTG that conflicts with ETH_PHY_INT GPIO pin.

SFazl
Associate

Hi Juha

Thank for answer. I checked again. Yes using USB OTH occupies only possible pin for ETH_PHY_INT but, if I don't use this pin I imagine that is is OK.

Reading documentation for STM32Cube, I understood that exclamation sign (amber) with green text for peripheral stands yet that configuration is OK.

My opinion is that it is allowed configuration.

Also for one UART I selected only RX.TX mode (I don't need hardware handshaking via CTS,RTS), but also in this case program assigned this amber exclamation mark but remained green text. Seems that program for any reason gives you some warning, althoug some mode will not be used.

What is your opinion ?

BTW, what is next phase is this process to verify that is really OK ?. I am an hardware designer without need for detailed compilation and firmware development and I am preparing SCH'PCB and want to be sure.

Thank in advance

Those warnings are benign (unlike compiler warnings), no need to worry, it just indicates that you can't use all the features the peripheral has to offer, because some of your other choices would conflict with it. In your example screenshot, if you are not going to use the ETH PHY_INTN option then you have nothing to worry about. If you are going to use ETH PHY_INTN, hold your mouse pointer over it to see what exactly conflicts with it.