Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Problems while driving BLDC motor by using SPIN3202

Nikhil Parsania
Associate

Hello all,

I am designing motor driver for PBT-GF30 SIEMENS BLDC motor. I need

some technical support to spin BLDC motor.

BLDC Motor Details:

1. Number of pole pairs : 3
  2. Operating Ratings: 24v DC and 168W

Currently I am using STEVAL-SPIN3202 motor driver board to drive BLDC

motor and STSW-SPIN3202 firmware package. I am using sensor less

voltage mode 6-step algorithm to drive BLDC motor.

Problems descried below in brief :

1. Trying to setting up parameters for my BLDC motor in MC_SixStep_param_168W_24V_BLDC.h file as per instruction given in firmware manual of STVEL SPIN3202. but motor rotates only for max speed of 1000RPM (target speed close loop) . When i increasing close loop speed(TARGET_SPEED) above 1200 rpm in .h file of parameters and upload that to the STVEL SPIN3202 board, After pressing USER1 button on board motor speed is slightly increasing and when the current consumption of motor is greater than 500mA Motor stalls and generates over current error.

if, I set close loop speed (TARGET_SPEED) to 1000RPM in MC_SixStep_param_168W_24V_BLDC.h file and open loop speed to 200RPM then motor spins good(Consumes 400mA current at 1000RPM).

2. I want to achieve good torque and higher speed but could not achieve that and facing problem as per i explained above.

3. After pressing SW2 button on steval spin3202 board to clear the error log and start motor again. I noticed that after every time sw2(key for clear error log and start motor again)pressing, motor does not rotate in same direction. Sometimes it is rotating in

clockwise direction and some times it is rotating in anti clockwise direction.

MC_SixStep_param_168W_24V_BLDC.h motor parameters header file is attached

4 REPLIES 4

@brk​ Please have someone review and respond.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you very much for your support

I have reached out internally to get some attention on your post and this Topic area in general.

Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi Nikhil.

For the problem of reverse direction, I think you should increase a bit the alignment phase. sometimes the motor can lock on the wrong sequence if it is still vibrating when the ramp-up starts.

For the speed limit problem, did you tried to set the new target speed using a different approach like the UART (VirtualCOM) or the potentiometer?