cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get the STM32H7 USB audio HS example to work

Mttjcksn
Associate III

Hi there, 

I've got a new STM32H743I EVAL board and am trying to run the USB audio HS example provided with stm32cube_fw_h7_v130.

The Full-speed example works fine.

I'm using the correct USB connector, my PC (Windows 10) recognises the device and says it's working properly. When trying to play audio, windows is unable to start the stream, and no audio plays from the headset output.

I've tried debugging the USB core interrupts and some requests are being processed, but no audio endpoint stuff.

Any ideas where to look?

Many thanks,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Mttjcksn
Associate III

So upon further inspection.. it appears that the 'high speed' example is actually a full-speed example (because UAC1 can't do HS) that uses the external USB PHY which is capable of high speed operation in other applications..

The reason it doesn't work is probably because I haven't made the 12 modifications to the EVAL board required to get CN18 to be usable as the OTG2 port in FS mode.

Can someone else confirm this? I feel like it would be a lot less confusing to call these OTG1 and OTG2 examples, rather than FS and HS.

Cheers

Yes, I think a lot of the problem comes from copying Synopsys docs, while on the other hand selecting build options that do a whole bunch of dead/dark-gate removal at the silicon level.

Definitely seen references to HS/FS where the lack of any internal or external PHY means it's not going to escape the part in a workable fashion.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..