cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V5.0.1 Import Bug?

Sidlauskas.David
Associate II

It appears that v5.0.1 is assigning the wrong firmware package on import.

I start a new CubeMX project using the MCU Selector and pick an F103c8. Then go to file->Import and select a .ioc for an existing f303 project. When I generated code for the basic project it would not compile because of lot's of missing files. Looking at the Project Manager page I see that the Firmware package name has been changed from the F1 package which is appropriate for the F1 MCU I've chosen, to the F3 package from the project I imported.

I edited the project.ioc file to have it point to the F1 firmware package, generated the code and it all compiled with no complaint. It looks like there's a bug in Import. The Firmare Package should match the selected MCU, not the imported project.

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Sidlauskas.David​ ,

Can you please share your ioc file to check this issue.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Sidlauskas.David
Associate II
Imen,
I have attached 2 .ioc files, test103.ioc and Concole303.ioc. test103.ioc was created by importing Console303.ioc. test103 has the problem of a mismatch between the device and the firmware package. Obviously, code created with this project will not compile.
To duplicate the problem:
1. Start a new Cubemx project and select MCU f103C8Tx.
2. Go to File->Import Project and select console303.ioc for import.
3. Leave the import options at their default and import the project.
4. Go to Project Manager and you should see the mismatch shown above.
Thanks for taking a look at this.
Dave
WBOUG
Senior

Hi @Sidlauskas.David​ 

Your issue has been transmitted for the dev team.

it will be implemented in the next version of the CubeMX.

Best Regards,

Wael