cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISM330DLC - question about SDx and SCx pins

Jacek Pieczaba
Associate II

Hello,

I would like to ask a question related to ISM330DLC device. I am using in my application this device using I2C communication between STM32. During review I just realized that I didn't connect the SDX ( pin 2 ) and SCX ( pin 3 ) to VCC or GND ( I have left them unconnected ). If this mistake is critical for functionality of the device and is a must or I can still be able to communicate with the sensor?

I plan to use it in the MODE 1 function.

Thank you in advance

Jacek Pieczaba

4 REPLIES 4
Jacek Pieczaba
Associate II

Thank you for quick replay but in this case why in the table on page 3 same document they mention to tight it or to GND or to VDD? What this pins are for in Mode 1?

From my understanding of reviewing the docs:

1) if you are using a battery source then for the best power consumption, strap these pins as noted and not leave them floating. If left floating, you will consume more current and shorten your battery charge.

2) In Mode 1, these pins are not used. In Mode 2, these pins can act like an I2C Bus master to allow this component to mate with a downstream I2C slave.

Summary - do not believe that if you leave these pins floating that the component will fail to work but will consume more current.

Disclaimer - have not worked with this component.

Jacek Pieczaba
Associate II

Ok. Thank you my application is not battery operation but I will tight them to VDDIO...