cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape-Widgets in TouchGFX?

DAmig
Associate II

The knowledge base text in widget->Circle shows 4 widgets (Box, Box with Border, Line and Circle) on the SHAPES, and the text indicates:

"The Circle is located under Shapes in the TouchGFX Designer."

Sorry, but, where is Shapes on the TouchGFX Designer?

15 REPLIES 15
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @DAmig​,

Additional shapes (Circle, Line, BoxWithBorder) were introduced as Widgets in the 4.10.0 release of TouchGFX (Adding to the existing shape: Box).

Best regards,

Martin

DAmig
Associate II
Martin,
Thank you !
According your information only this version (4.1.0) of TouchGFX Designer implements the SHAPES.
This 'problem' is only of the Designer, the class for line, circle etc are implemented  'inside' the TouchGFX.
and the classes must be included 'manually' on the project.
Best Regards,
Daniel.
Em 11/01/2019 11:02, ST Community escreveu:
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

​@DAmig​,

Correct, what we've been doing (among other things of course) since 4.8.0 is basically to make Widgets that are already available within the framework, available from the designer.

Best regards,

Martin

DAmig
Associate II
Martin,
Thank you!
One more detail.
The ST site has a link to make the download of the TouchGFX Designer version 4.10.0.
The Designer is a tool to help the integration and to generate the code for simulation or run on the
target selected.
The main software is TouchGFX, the version 4.9.3 includes the TouchGFX Designer as a tool.
According your information, the SHAPE is only including on the TouchGFX Designer version 4.10.0, this means that still using the core of the version 4.9.3 the TouchGFX Designer included in this version must be discarded and is better use the 'new' TouchGFX Designer 4.10.0? Is it possible make the installation of the both versions (4.9.3 and 4.10.0)? or the version 4.9.3 must be unistalled?
Regards,
Daniel.
Em 11/01/2019 12:32, ST Community escreveu:
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

@DAmig​, you can have both versions installed side by side. They'll go into the c:\touchgfx\4.9.3 and \4.10.0 folders =) But if you just want to upgrade and use 4.10.0 exclusively, go ahead and uninstall 4.9.3.

You can then open your 4.9.3 application inside 4.10.0 and it will prompt you to upgrade the application and you now have access to the new widgets. Let me know how it works out!

Best regards,

Martin

DAmig
Associate II
Hi Martin! I've installed the TouchGFX Designer 4.10.0 and its working file (The widget shows the SHAPE). I have now a problem regarding the tutorial. Solved the problem to add the circle and the interaction for the two screens (to switch between them) the Model.hpp shows on the compilation a series of errors. The first one is not recognize the int16_t, but including the solves the issue. The another errors initially are Warning errors of reorder. Pleas let me know if is possible modify the file Model.hpp or the warning to be trated as errors. I'm using the Visual Studio Community 2017, version 15.9.5. Attached the Model.hpp and the Compiler Log. Thanks in advance, Regards, Daniel. Em 12/01/2019 07:17, ST Community escreveu:
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Daniel,

I'm not entirely sure what your problem is. And i'm not seeing your attachments? First off, glad 4.10.0 is working for you! Which tutorial are you following?

Let me know.

Best regards,

Martin

DAmig
Associate II
Hi Martin!
Sure, the version 4.10 of TouchGFX is working fine.
I'm working on the tutorial 3: Applications with multiple screens.
Please, let me explain the problem:
Setting up Screen1 -> widgets and interactions ok.
Setting Screen1View.hpp and Screen1View.cpp -> ok.
Setting up Screnn2 -> widgets and interactions ok
Screen2View.hpp and Screen2View.cpp -> ok. (The second screen on teh tutorial shows .hpp instead .cpp, I think
is wrong and must be .cpp, please let me know if I'm right)
Screen2View.cpp defines the handleTickEvent() function of the class Screen2View.
Changing the Wildcard Ranges (0-9)and compiling the compilers neither shows errors nor warnings.
The tutorial indicates on the next step the procedure to ad the code to save buttons on Screen1, to allow the data to be shared between Screen1 and Screen2.
_*Save data in the model: (Model-View-Presenter)
*_According the tutorial added/modified Model1.hpp and Model1.cpp_*.
*_Model includes, now, hour and minute.
After this were modified:
Scrren1Presenter.hpp
and to update Screen1 -> Screen1View.cpp and Screen1View.hpp
and to update Screen2 -> Screen2View.cpp and again Screen2View.cpp,
members setupScreen() and tearDownScreen() of the class Screen2View.
After these modifications the compilers fails to complete the operation
and the log indicates not errors but warnings, but the compiler treats
this warnings as errors, then, impossible to compile the program.
I'm sendig the log again.Please let me know if you received it.
I'm attaching two files .txt (pure text), one is for the Model.cpp
another is the log showing the problems.
The warning treated as error normally are possible to disable on the
project properties, but using the TouchGFX is this possible? Take a look
to the log and tell me what is wrong.
Regards,
Daniel.
Em 25/01/2019 10:31, ST Community escreveu:
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @DAmig​,

I still haven't received the log, hmm. Are you trying to attach it to this post?