cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USING UART PINS via USB FS not USB TO UART

arduo
Senior

Hi how can i use UART Pins via USB FS. I am currently using the USB TO UART connector on my devboard but how can i use the USB FS connection to make uart pins working?

I want to use uart3 PC10 and PC11 Pins but its not working with the baudrate if i connect usb fs but its working with usb to uart why?

Below pictures of the mcu and the dev board i marked the connections:

Thanks for everyone who helps!

Whoever get my problem solved will be rewarded thanks!

0690X000006D48LQAS.jpg0690X000006D48GQAS.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

> I want to use uart3 PC10 and PC11 Pins but its not working with the baudrate if i connect usb fs

What do you mean by "not working with the baudrate"? What are you connecting to these pins?

JW

I connect to the rx and tx pins a bmc a microchip that i need to send data to and program it. But someway the baudrate doesn't work with the USB FS only with USB TO UART

If you want to use PC10 and PC11 to connect another mcu through UART, you need to disconnect whatever is connected to those two pins on the board. It appears, that you need to remove the two jumpers marked PC10 and PC11. Look at the schematics of the board.

What is "bmc"?

JW

i removed the jumper and connected the USB Cable to USB FS and the micro chip to pc10 and pc11 but it doesn't work.

A  bmc is a baseboard management controller that is on a hardware board to program and control all other hardwares on the board and i use my mcu to program this bmc with the correct program so i need this to get working via USB FS without the PL2303 USB TO UART connection.

And the BMC is an USB HOST or USB DEVICE?

JW

USB Device

Okay, so if I understand it correctly, the BMC normally connects to a PC, using USB, and acts as a USB Device, and in the PC it appears as a virtual serial port, correct?

And you want to replace the PC by STM32, correct?

JW

Not like this the PC connects to MCU and MCU via UART3 TX RX to BMC

PC--> MCU as VCP -->USART3--> BMC

Okay, so you need to implement USB Device CDC class in the 'F407, and link that to USART3.

JW