cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need LIS3DH pin-compatible part that includes gyroscope

IDEngineer
Associate II

We've been successfully using the LIS3DH in its 3x3mm 16 pin package for a couple of years. Works great. But now this product requires gyro sensing too.

What we need is a pin and package compatible Acc+Gyro so we can drop it onto the existing PCB and add gyro functionality with a firmware update. ST offers combined Acc+Gyro parts but the layout of the ST website makes it really hard to cross reference by package like this. We found one from Maxim but they've exited the MEMS market; however, this proves that the LIS3DH pinout isn't unique to that part, or even to ST.

Does anyone know if ST, or anyone else, offers a pin-compatible part that includes gyro functionality too?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​Unfortunately there is no package / pin 6x-axis device compatible with the 3-axis LIS3DH available in ST catalogue.

I understand the importance of back compatibility, but I suggest you to move to the LSM6DS family, which is the state of the art for the axl+gyro modules, in order to maintain a continuous improvement for the future.

https://www.st.com/en/mems-and-sensors/inemo-inertial-modules.html

IDEngineer
Associate II

Drat. I had hoped a clear upgrade path would have been maintained when deciding on packaging for your new devices. The basic connections (power and SPI/I2C) are the same, after all. And doing so would help customer retention too.

Thank you for confirming this data. We'll begin our search for a new part. The LSM6DS will be part of that search.