cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator crashing on Windows 10 (x64)

Chriss
Associate II

Hi there,

I'm new to touchgfx and started with problems.

Designing a GUI makes fun and is easy. At the end I can't view the result with the PC simulator. Loading the simulator tooks verry long and ends with an Windows error.

I'm using windows 10 x64

Are there known issues with Windows 10 like the one I have? How can I work around?

Regards

Christian 

7 REPLIES 7
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Community member​,

Sorry you're having issues! If you're already trying to run the simulator then i can't recall any issues that may prevent that. Which version of TouchGFX is this?

Could you share a designer log? They're inside c:\user\<you>\AppData\Roaming\TouchGFX-4.x.y

Thanks!

Best regards,

Martin

Chriss
Associate II

Hi Martin,

I use TouchGFX 4.10.0.

Atached you'll find the log file for the las 4 days, hopefully it helps.

Best regards

Christian

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Community member​,

Your logs don't display any issues from the designers perspective. Would you say that you briefly see the simulator start up and then close down again?

Best regards,

Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

And also, can you check your Windows Event Log to see if there's anything suspicious there? It could be an issue with Windows 10 an SDL2 which we use in the simulator. It works on all our Windows 10 machines here, so we need to track down a specific configuration issue.

Chriss
Associate II

Hi Martin,

solving this problem was easy after I updated all drivers and ST-Software.

I had to go to setting -> gaming and turn off the gamebar......now everything works well!

Regards

Christian

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

That's great news @Community member​,

That's a great tip for other users. It's definitely not a problem for all Windows 10 users, but for those that have this problem turning off the game-bar could solve it. Since we're just running the simulator, the ST-software or drivers shouldn't have an impact on this, in theory.

Could you share more about the nature of this "windows error"? Seeing as there's nothing in the log files. Come to think of it, i've seen it before where the Simulator would start and then shut down, but with no visible exceptions or errors.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Martin

Chriss
Associate II

Hi,

it seems to be, that clean Windows 10 installations cause this problem. Clean means all the stuff that is not important for using the OS is removed from the system. Especially the X-Box tools are seemingly guilty.

If you remove all the X-Box tools, you have to turn off the game-bar than the designer works well.

With this solution I could solve the problem on two PCs.

Regards

Christian