cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any difference between STM32CUBE_MX And Atollic_TrueStudio?

vmekr
Associate II

Right at the moment I have 2 software, Atollic TrueStudio & STM32CUBE_MX . I am pretty confused, which one to use for an STM32-Cortex M4 ?

Is there any difference between Atollic TrueStudio & STM32CUBE_MX software?

Which one is stable?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They are two completely different things. Lemons and apples.

STM32CubeMX is a tool to generate the initialization code and the skeleton of the project in one of the supported IDE formats.

Atollic TrueStudio is an IDE with an integrated compiler (GNU GCC) and debugger (GNU GDB).

Use the former tool for initial code generation (and later re-generation), use the latter tool for actual development.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

They are two completely different things. Lemons and apples.

STM32CubeMX is a tool to generate the initialization code and the skeleton of the project in one of the supported IDE formats.

Atollic TrueStudio is an IDE with an integrated compiler (GNU GCC) and debugger (GNU GDB).

Use the former tool for initial code generation (and later re-generation), use the latter tool for actual development.

Thanks @After Forever​ .

If I understand correctly, Pin & Clock can be configured and code generated in STM32CubeMX which is an integrated-Perspective in the Atollic_TrueStudio. Then the another perspective in Atollic (C/C++ ) can be used for the further development and debugging. Am I right?

Yes, that's right. I use STM32CubeMX as a stand-alone tool (not as an Eclipse plugin in Atollic), but I guess it's the same thing.