cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run high rpm bldc motor using Motor profiler

HMoos
Associate

I have a Nucleo - F302R8 board with X-Nucleo - IHM07M1 BLDC motor driver. I'm trying to drive my bldc motor which is Emax rs 1106 - 6000kv using motor profiler software.

Using the motor profiler software with suitable settings (pole pair = 6 , Max Speed = 16000, Max current = 1.7 , Vbus = 8V) the motor isn't able to rotate.

I've used other bldc motors like BR2804-1700KV and DYS 1100KV and they worked fine.

My bldc motor is a high rmp motor and here are the specifications .

( specifications link : https://www.getfpv.com/emax-rs1106-ii-6000kv-micro-brushless-motor.html )

Do I need to make any other changes because my motor is high rpm ??

4 REPLIES 4
Claire O.
ST Employee

Dear Customer,

we are currently investigating your problem.

Can you please answer the following questions to help us:

• does the problem appear during profiling?
  • Is Motor Profiler able to determine at least Rs,Ls and Ke values?
  • does Motor Profiler display errors (speed feedback, over current,...)
  • Does Motor Profiler pop up a warning message?

If the problem appear during profiling and if Motor Porfiler is able to determine Rs, Ls and Ke, try to decrease the speed or decrease the current

Thanks and best regards,

Claire

HMoos
Associate

Dear Claire ,

• Yes the problem happens during the motor profiling.
  • No the motor profiler isn't able to determine Rs, Ls and Ke values.
  • No errors.
  • The electric model reaches up 38 % every time and pops a warning message saying "It gives a pop up window saying "The measurement is taking too time.""

I have tried decreasing the speed to 7000rmp and current to 1A but nothing changed.

I will attach the screenshots in hope that it might help.

0690X000008ACYZQA4.png

The profiling stops at around 38 % of electrical modeling status and then prompts this message below

0690X000008ACYeQAO.png

Even after clicking "continue anyway" the motor doesn't run.

BWird.1
Associate

Have anybody found a solution for that issue. I am working with a Papst bldc motor and I have the same probleme. I am using the stm32g531 discovery kit.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards