cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation stack Bluetooth X-CUBE-BLE1 problem

SLAUR
Associate

Hi everyone,

I try to implement the stack Bluetooth 4.2.0 X-CUBE-BLE1 with the sensorDemo application on a Nucleo-L452RE evaluation kit, coupled with X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 Bluetooth Board.

The code C has been generated thanks to STM32CubeMX 5.0.0 standalone with the help of the manual "UM1873: Getting started with the X-CUBE-BLE1 Bluetooth Low Energy software expansion for STM32Cube".

The compilation is realized thanks to the ac6 OpenSTM32 (Eclipse + gcc-arm).

When the code is implemented with no others modifications, the bluetooth module doesn't work. After investigation by a step-by-step running, it appears the initialisation is not finalised: the software goes to nowhere land once the SPI reset is realized (hciContext.io.Reset() of the hci_init function). I would have the feeling the software stays somewhere in interrupt. I have found, also, a weirdo thing: the SPI and UART initialisation functions don't appear in the CubeMx generated code. I tested to add manually the SPI and UART init functions, but the problem stays identical.

The problem stays also identical with the compilation of the code provided by ST:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-ble1.html

Anyone would have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Avan .12
Associate III

How did you fix this problem?

I am using the X-NUCLEO-IDB05A2 with same nucleo board.

Thanks!