cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i program this STUSB4500 circuit which i have designed, using ST NUCLEO-F072RB board

MP M
Associate II

Circuit which i am designed is attached. pls verify this circuit.

1. I want to know whether, can i program this board(designed circuit) with st NUCLEO-F072RB board by taking connections SDA and SCL pins out and connect it to st development board.
  2. Can i use any other development board other than st NUCLEO-F072RB biard, to program STUSB4500.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benoit FORET
ST Employee

​Hello,

thanks for your schematic. I reviewed with the application team and there are indeed a couple of feedbacks we'd like to share with you. Would you mind sharing your email address through direct messaging? (click on my name from this discussion and then MESSAGE button).

To answer you question:

1. Yes, as far as you can access SDA, SCL and GND from your board, then you will be able to connect it to the NUCLEO-F072RB in order to interconnect with the GUI (STSW-STUSB002)
  2. To program the STUSB4500 with the GUI, it can run only with STSW-STUSB002 so far. But you can do it also using the software library (STSW-STUSB003) which can be quite easily compiled on any MCU, especially if STM32.

Benoit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Benoit FORET
ST Employee

​Hello,

thanks for your schematic. I reviewed with the application team and there are indeed a couple of feedbacks we'd like to share with you. Would you mind sharing your email address through direct messaging? (click on my name from this discussion and then MESSAGE button).

To answer you question:

1. Yes, as far as you can access SDA, SCL and GND from your board, then you will be able to connect it to the NUCLEO-F072RB in order to interconnect with the GUI (STSW-STUSB002)
  2. To program the STUSB4500 with the GUI, it can run only with STSW-STUSB002 so far. But you can do it also using the software library (STSW-STUSB003) which can be quite easily compiled on any MCU, especially if STM32.

Benoit

msingh
Senior

Hi,

I have bought a new NUCLEO-F072RB and I have used the CubeMX software to create a project with the default settings, when I build and debug the code I am able to flash it but when I debug it, it always fails on the SystemClock_Config. I have then bought a new board thinking there previous board was faulty but even the new one does the same thing.

I have previously used the NUCLEO-F302R8 and NUCLEO-F676I and generated a similar project for them where I easily achieved a simple LED blink project before proceeding with the actual purpose of purchase. This time I have bought 3 NUCLEO-F072RB boards and none of them seem to work. When I first connect them to the laptop they have the default LED blink code where the LED changes dutycycle at every input of the user button (blue) but when I generate the project with CUBEMX it never reaches the "while" loop as it keeps failing on the SystemClock_Config function.

I Would appreciate any help, Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Manpreet