cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to start adding LCD display to STM32F767ZI-Nucleo

JBlac
Associate III

I've been looking through and following a tutorial in the STM32CUBEMX config​ manual UM1718, TUTORIAL 8.  I'm trying to support a ST7735 display via SPI, but the tutorial setup uses DSIHOST mode LTDC which my F767ZI doesn't support.  So, I was thinking of creating a bare-bones .IOC file and adding the STEMWIN support to the project manually.  Is there an easier way using STM32CUBEMX?  When I enable GRAPHICS, I'm left with few options.

3 REPLIES 3

For the ST7735 you'd want to look at the support/examples for the AdaFruit shield

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.12.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\st7735\st7735.c

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.12.0\Drivers\BSP\Adafruit_Shield\stm32_adafruit_lcd.c

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.12.0\Projects\STM32F767ZI-Nucleo\Demonstrations\Src\main.c

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.12.0\Projects\STM32F767ZI-Nucleo\Examples_MIX\DMA2D\DMA2D_MemToMemWithLCD\Src

SPI Support via

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.12.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F7xx_Nucleo_144\stm32f7xx_nucleo_144.c

Sorry can't help you with CubeMX

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JBlac
Associate III

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested, but run into a problem when I build the project.

Specifically, I get this error:

..\Drivers\STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver\Src\stm32f7xx_hal_timebase_rtc_alarm_template.c:97:1: error: unknown type name 'RTC_HandleTypeDef'

RTC_HandleTypeDef       hRTC_Handle;

RTC_HandleTypeDef is defined in stm32f7xx_hal_rtc.h and there is an include for that module in the STM32F7xx_HAL_Conf.h; I see the #ifndef, followed by the include, and #endef. It seems a bit strange to me that this is a "...template.c" file but I don't know whether that's significant or not. I'm going to look at another project I have and see if that template.c file resides in the Inc directory.

You have to use the defines in stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h to cherry pick the includes to pull in, reduces compile time. The front end should have a selection of defines, some commented out.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..