cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler Error

sathishmnr2010
Associate II

while building the project i'm getting below error, Kindly guide us to solve this issue,..

----------- Project discover - STM8 Cosmic - Configuration Debug -------------

Compiling ..\..\src\stm8s_it.c...

cxstm8 -i..\..\..\..\..\mail_sent +mods0 +debug -pxp -no -pp -l -dSTM8S003 -i..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\inc -i..\..\inc -i"C:\Program Files (x86)\COSMIC\FSE_Compilers\CXSTM8\Hstm8" -clDebug\ -coDebug\ ..\..\src\stm8s_it.c

#error cpstm8 C:\Program Files (x86)\COSMIC\FSE_Compilers\CXSTM8\Hstm8\mods0.h:1 FlexLM Feature has expired.

..\..\src\stm8s_it.c:

The command: "cxstm8 -i..\..\..\..\..\mail_sent +mods0 +debug -pxp -no -pp -l -dSTM8S003 -i..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\inc -i..\..\inc -i"C:\Program Files (x86)\COSMIC\FSE_Compilers\CXSTM8\Hstm8" -clDebug\ -coDebug\ ..\..\src\stm8s_it.c" has failed, the returned value is: 1

exit code=1.

discover.elf - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

4 REPLIES 4

> FlexLM Feature has expired.

You have Cosmic software registration/licensing issues. FlexLM is the protection software they are using for licensing their product.

sathishmnr2010
Associate II

Thanks for your valuable information,

Where i will get it and how to update it,

I don't really know, never used Cosmic.

But I think if you don't have a licence and were using the evaluation version then you have two options: either buy the full version or uninstall the evaluation version and download/install the free version at http://cosmicsoftware.com/download_stm8_32k.php

It seems at some point in 2016 they made the STM8 version of their toolchain completly free, so maybe your version was older.

sathishmnr2010
Associate II

ok thanks sir,