cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility for stm32l031f6 with STMFlashLoader.exe

MGan
Associate II

Hi,

I am currently using the stm32l031f6 which is a 32K memory device and I am trying to use the STMFlashLoader.exe, which is the command line version of the flash loader, to download firmware into the device. However, in the map directory for the STMFlashLoader.exe, for L0 devices, there is only "STM32L0_x3_x2_x1_64K.STmap" and "STM32L0_x3_x2_x1_192K.STmap". Yet, the stm32l031f6 is a 32K memory device. Do you have any STmap file for my device?

Thank you,

Matt

5 REPLIES 5

ST has transitioned to the STM32 Cube Programmer application, the old software is deprecated. The protocol remains the same.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

You might be able to create an STmap file based on the memory sizes, sector/page arrangements, etc.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for replying. I notice the old software being deprecated, but I am trying to download firmware through UART & bootloader and the STMFlashLoader.exe is the only executable I can find so far that allows me to do so.

The STM32 Cube Programmer has USB/DFU and USART connectivity modes, beyond ST-LINK connectivity.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MGan
Associate II

Thanks for the help! But the problem for me is that I am trying to download the firmware through my software by calling an executable (which right now is the FlashLoader.exe) in my software and pass arguments to it. Thus, I cannot simply run a GUI software on top of my software (the command line executable is my idea choice). Does the STM32 Cube Programmer have a command line version?

>>Does the STM32 Cube Programmer have a command line version?

Yes