cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a demo routine for stm32f469 to implement stemwin GUI using standard libraries?

ac.2
Associate II

My current project uses "en.stm32f4_dsp_stdperiph_lib", version 1.60, which implements the finished product function using standard library. Since stemwin GUI was added to use Mipi lcd, I found only a simple DSI example in the standard library.Does ST provide an example similar to DSI STemWIN in HAL libraries for standard libraries? If so, can we get some clues? Thanks very much�?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

V1.8.0 is the most current.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-stm32065.html

ST has moved on from the SPL, don't expect any support for it.

It would take time and effort to back-port DSI support for the STM32F469I-DISCO board using the SPL

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

V1.8.0 is the most current.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-stm32065.html

ST has moved on from the SPL, don't expect any support for it.

It would take time and effort to back-port DSI support for the STM32F469I-DISCO board using the SPL

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for your reply�?

It's sad to hear that reply. Because this means that previous projects developed using SPL will be troubled by updating module functions and developers who are already used to using SPL in the future.

It is unfortunate, but not insurmountable.

You could try porting or refactoring to use the HAL, LL or register level implementation, or hybrid thereof.

If you really can't move from the SPL you can extend the library to add the functionality you need/want.

Each of these paths has it's own costs.

ac.2
Associate II

Your answer gave me an idea. The current version of my product is built on SPL using the IAR compiler. I need to add a DSI driver. Can I mix HAL and spl? Can I compile the HAL and SPL libraries in one project? If the compilation is successful, I have the freedom to choose which library function to use when coding.

Might want to build the subsection of the HAL as a library (.lib or .a), and then try and bring that in. I expect there will be some name space collisions, in which case the .ELF object could perhaps be modified/cleaned to allow linkage into a project containing SPL names.