cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CubeMX send data of any type to any of the advertising conglomerates and data miners whose logos are shown in its upper right corner?

GHase
Associate

That would be very bad. Those symbols are like a data privacy skull and crossbones warning.

4 REPLIES 4

If you trust ST, just turn off the "I contest that..." checkbox in the user preferences window, and read the "privacy policy" and "terms of use" linked from there.

Otherwise, you can always use a network sniffer and Java decompiler to check by yourself. I don't think ST, being mostly a European company, would do shady things with user data after opting out, see GDPR.

>>Otherwise, you can always use a network sniffer and Java decompiler to check by yourself. I don't think ST, being mostly a European company, would do shady things with user data after opting out, see GDPR.

If the server is in Switzerland then outside the purview of EU law, ditto USA/CANADA

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
stm32cube-t
Senior III

Hello,

About the question: "Does CubeMX send data of any type to any of the advertising conglomerates and data miners whose logos are shown in its upper right corner?"​

No, CubeMX does not share any of the collected data outside ST. We are not sending data to Google analytics either.

We are collecting data such as which OS is used, which java version, which STM32 products and CubeMX features to find out which ones are most used. These data helps us prioritize our enhancements.

Thanks in advance for your consent for data collection to help us improve our tools.

Best regard 

GHase
Associate

Thanks all for the answers. Of course, I have no problem with ST collecting data on the tool.

I'm happy to hear that only the third party icons and not their corresponding code is included. My concern was that those icons almost universally signal the inclusion of third part data collection and tracking scripts which are not appropriate for execution on a machine with confidential or licensed IP.

Again, happy to hear its not a problem. Case closed.