cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use DCMI on STM32F769I Discovery board?

ukn
Associate

Title pretty much says it all. According p. 21 in the DCMI information document (link at bottom), the board supports the interface, and I'm supposed to connect the camera through the GPIO pins. But I've found no mention of how to do this in the board documentation I've seen, so I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot!

DCMI document - https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/c0/ef/15/38/d1/d6/49/88/DM00373474/files/DM00373474.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00373474.pdf

3 REPLIES 3

You'll likely need to port code from a board that ships with a camera attached.

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Examples\DCMI\DCMI_SnapshotMode

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.9.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F769I_EVAL\stm32f769i_eval_camera.c

You'd configure the pins associated with the DCMI, and associate them with the DCMI AF pin mux settings.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I see. So I could connect my camera module (an OV7676 dev board) to any of GPIO pins on the bottom of the Discovery board as long as I configure it correctly in the software?

The usable pins for the DCMI are pretty limited, likely carefully selected on the camera header/connector. The STM32F769 Data Sheet should clearly illuminate the pins usable for DCMI functionality.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..