cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My CubeMX UI is messed up.

EKokk
Associate II

I do apologize if this is in wrong section or something. I just don't have time to spend hours looking for correct place to get support. I need to work, not fiddle with misbehaving software.

The issue I am having is that CubeMX (latest version from the website) is totally messed up in my desktop PC with windows 10. Everything works fine on my windows 7 laptop.

One picture tells more than a thousand words so here are two.

0690X000006CqcAQAS.jpg0690X000006Cqc5QAC.jpg

It's totally unusable. Never seen this kind of behavior with any software I am using in my windows 10 desktop.

All help is very much appreciated, and sorry again if this is in wrong section.

15 REPLIES 15
andy2399
Senior

You should post it under the STM32CubeMX group.

https://community.st.com/s/topic/0TO0X000000BTr8WAG/detail

There are plenty of dissatisfied customers over there !

Looks like the application was written by a high school pupil with no regard to standard UI practices!

andy2399
Senior

Looks like the application was written by a high school pupil with no regard to standard UI practices!

andy2399
Senior

andy2399
Senior

andy2399
Senior

This forum software is just as useless as the STM32CubeMX software - hence the multiple posts :sad_but_relieved_face: .

I love ST hardware but their software ***** !

Lead

In the meantime, experimenting with Java versions might be worthwile.

The "Run in compatibility mode" might not be appropriate for such an Java application.

I'm no Cube user, by the way (refusenik) ...

Mon2
Senior III

Hi. Been working with the latest tool, daily (8+ hours) for the past 3 weeks and it is far from perfect but have it now stabilized for our target usage. For your GUI issue, check your video resolution to see if that corrects the problem. Also, are you locking a font size for your text? For example, if possible, select the highest screen resolution for your hardware and launch this tool again to see if it helps. If required, enter Add/Remove Programs -> uninstall the toolchain and then reboot and install a fresh copy again. Post your results. We are using on Windows 7 64 bit and have not seen the same issue / fault. Can test on a Windows 10 box if required upon reaching the office.

EKokk
Associate II

Thank you for everybody for their swift answers. I now see that I am using older version on my laptop, so I will probably revert to that on my desktop. I will also check my that my java is up to date.

I have not messed with the font size or settings, they are default from windows installation. Resolution is also set to 1680x1050 (native resolution of my dual monitors). Now that I come to think of it, it may come down to my monitor setup as IIRC the other one is connected to IGP and other to my graphics card.

It's just frustrating when you should be working and not spending time fiddling with unfinished software. Maybe the best solution would be memorizing the HAL API and just forget the CubeMX all together, but I am somewhat lazy in that sense.

I have had no issues with version 4.27.0 and windows 7, and I am used to having certain workflow with it. Well maybe it's time to evolve it a bit.

Have a nice Christmas everybody!

Still, such a gross misbehavior of the application shows the (inadequate) level of testing and validation done on ST's side. Different screen resolutions are unavoidable for GUI applications on a PC.