lyu
Associate II

Hi,Master

platform:

stm32f030C8Tx

I saw the data sheet as described below:0690X000006CqQsQAK.jpg

My schematic is as follows:

0690X000006CqQxQAK.jpg

These LED lights can be lit at the same time, the program can also run normally, but their current sum has exceeded 3ma. Although it violates the description in the manual, there is nothing wrong with it. Is it okay to use it like this?

Forgive my poor English proficiency。

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That they work does not mean the internal switch, the datasheet is talking about , is not stressed. It may fail later. It's always better to be on the safe side.

Can't you use higher serial resistors to decrease the current to LEDs, and perhaps LEDs with higher efficiency (i.e. lighting up enough with less current) if available?

JW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

That they work does not mean the internal switch, the datasheet is talking about , is not stressed. It may fail later. It's always better to be on the safe side.

Can't you use higher serial resistors to decrease the current to LEDs, and perhaps LEDs with higher efficiency (i.e. lighting up enough with less current) if available?

JW

lyu
Associate II

Thank you for your suggestion, I think I will try to connect a large point of resistance, but I still want to make sure that if I don't change the solution, will there be a problem in the end? I need a more official answer.

best wishes