cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No scroll bars in STM32MX 5 GPIO config?

mycall
Associate II

First let me say I love CUBE. I make it a point now to use ST parts when ever possible just because CUBE makes things so easy. However, the last two projects I worked on had CUBE (OK, the code generator firmware under CUBE) bugs that took a while to find. One with the RTC on an l476 part and clock generation on a l107 part.

That said, am pretty disappointed in 5.0. I don't know why vendors feel they need to take a wonderful product, and just change it without adding any new functionality to speak of.

I can deal with most 5.0 issues and I still love CUBE but I have found that "System View" / "GPIO" does not seem to have scroll bars. When a part with a very high pin count is used some of the pins are not visible and there is no convenient way to get to them. Worse, when you click on a pin the config window for that pin pops up blocking even more pins.

I only see two work arounds

1) Get a very high resolution monitor with small font

2) Click on a pin I can see, then use the arrows to move up and down the list. This at least lets me see / change the pin's data in the config window even though I can't see it in the pin list. Not being able to see the complete list of pins and how they are configured makes things awkward.

Am I just missing something? If not, when will scroll bars be added?

1 REPLY 1
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Also, configuration of GPIOs (and other components if possible) should be accessible directly from the pinout view.

It is super annoying to have to switch back and forth between pinout and configuration views every time to set options after adding a GPIO pin.

-- pa