cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX not running on macOS

flavio23
Associate III

After updating the STM32CubeMX Eclipse Plugin to 5.0.0 version I get the following message on running the plugin: "This release of STM32CubeMX Eclipse Plugin cannot be used in macOS".

The Plugin still opens, but I can't edit the peripheral values (it's actually unusable).

I tried also with the standalone version of STM32CubeMX (SetupSTM32CubeMX-5.0.0.app), but the setup application doesn't start.

I also updated the JDK, but the issue is still present.

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Noppe.Jack
Senior

Hi. I had the same warning with the Eclipse Plugin on macOS, and at first, similar problems trying to run the standalone setup application. The problem with the download file happens when you unarchive it with MacOS Archive utility (click on it the file in Finder, and open default app).

The setup worked correctly when I used a console window and tar -x to extract to downloaded zip file. That extracts a .exe file, and you can follow the instructions in the user guide for installing on MacOS (If you are on Mojave like me, then the new Mac security options prevents you from using downloaded package files the way we used to, so you need the workaround described in the user guide).

flavio23
Associate III

Thank you for your answer!

It seems that with the updates of MAC OS the bug has been fixed.

Thanks again

Flavio

Arno Thiele
Associate III

Hi, I have the same problem. When I start the CubeMX Plugin in Eclipse I see

"This release of STM32CubeMX Eclipse Plugin cannot be used in macOS"

I am on MacOS 10.13.6 with all the latest updates. In fact I updated from 10.12 only in hope it would fix it but it doesn't. Can you tell me what OS you are on?

The standalone version works flawless here.

Arno Thiele
Associate III

I updated Eclipse from 4.5.2 to version 5 and that fixed the problem.

flavio23
Associate III

Thank you for the information!

I check for automatic updates, but the last version on the ST site is still the 4.5.2...

How did you manage the update to version 5?

It doesn’t work over automatic updates. You have to download the new installer from the Eclipse webpage and do it manually because it is a major version change.