cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install en.x-cube-nfc4.zip?

John Griswold
Senior

I'm embarking on a project with the ST25 NFC chip. ST provides an XCube pack but I can't figure out how to install. MXCube complains that it can't handle the .zip file (en.x-cube-nfc4.zip). Should I have kept my old version of MXCube? I just updated to the latest..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John Griswold
Senior

Additional comments for someone coming down this same trail...

Unzip the file (en.x-cube-nfc4.zip) into the CubeMX repository area (your-home-dir/STM32Cube/Repository.

From the CubeMX Project Manager tab, instead of "Use Default Firmware Location", browse to the path of your-home-dir\STM32Cube\Repository\en.x-cube-nfc4\STM32CubeExpansion_NFC4_V1.2.0

That will include all of the NFC support you'll need. Then you can copy over parts of the NFC sample from the file en.x-cube-nfc4.zip which will likely have a different name by the time you read this.

Hope this helps,

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Just unpack the archive, it doesn't integrate with CubeMX ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
John Griswold
Senior

OK, Clive. Thanks for that. Glad I just started barking up this tree.

Be well.

John Griswold
Senior

Additional comments for someone coming down this same trail...

Unzip the file (en.x-cube-nfc4.zip) into the CubeMX repository area (your-home-dir/STM32Cube/Repository.

From the CubeMX Project Manager tab, instead of "Use Default Firmware Location", browse to the path of your-home-dir\STM32Cube\Repository\en.x-cube-nfc4\STM32CubeExpansion_NFC4_V1.2.0

That will include all of the NFC support you'll need. Then you can copy over parts of the NFC sample from the file en.x-cube-nfc4.zip which will likely have a different name by the time you read this.

Hope this helps,

John