cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF01SA Deauthentication FW 3.6

Giulio Dalla Vecchia
Associate II

Hi,

I have a problem with SPWF01SA WiFi module with FW 3.6. The module is connected to a WiFi network, generated by a router (STAtion Mode), with active DHCP. A socket server is opened on port 80. I have seen that after a day the module IP is changed due to a Deauthentication. Herein you can find the communication between module and router, where you can see at 101149 sec the Deauthentication Packet (in this case after deauthentication the router assigns the same IP, but not always happens). What is the cause of this?

Thanks a lot,

Giulio

4 REPLIES 4

DHCP lease time - https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-is-dhcp-lease-time

If you want a static IP, use a static IP instead of DHCP.

Giulio Dalla Vecchia
Associate II

Hi After Forever,

thank you for your answer. The DHCP lease time is set in the router at 5 minute, indeed every 2.5 minute (half lease time) the module send a DHCP request such as from DHCP specification, in order to confirm the IP address. Therefor it's not the cause of the Deauthentication packet sent from module.

Elio Cometti
Senior II

​Hi Giulio,

in the log the Deauthentication packet is sent just after the reception of a EAPOL message, indicating a possible failure in the rekey handshake. Did you log the reason code from WIND:40 or WIND:41?

Did you see a WIND:30 and/or a WIND:33 just before the deauthentication message?

The fact the SPWF01 may acquire a different IP depends on the DHCP server which is responsible for allocating the IPs.

Regards,

Elio

Giulio Dalla Vecchia
Associate II

Hi Elio,

unfurtunally I did't manage any serial log, so I don't know which messages the module sent. I have read the DHCP specification and I have understood that the server can apply a different IP address after that the lease time is expired.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Giulio