cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which functions and pins I should use for the CS43L22 output ?

hussien kazan
Associate II

Hi, I am working on a new project, generating a signal on the pc then transfer it by serial port to the stm32f407vg board, which output the signal as sound or audio by connecting a speaker or headphone to the board, I did the application on c# and it is read, and I know how to receive it from the serial port, but I need to know which functions and pins I should use for CS43L22 output, can some one help???

5 REPLIES 5

> to the stm32f407vg board

What board?

Generally, the DACs in STM32 have big output impedance and you cannot drive a speaker with them, you need to add an output amplifier.

DAC in STM32F407 if connected to PA4 and PA5, check the STM32F407 datasheet.

High-quality audio is usually not output through the built-in DAC, but through external audio DACs; for example see the STM32F4DISCOVERY board https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-discovery-kits/stm32f4discovery.html

JW

hussien kazan
Associate II

the board is stm32f407vg:0690X000006CpAKQA0.jpg

my application transmit an string array to the serial port:

0690X000006CpAZQA0.jpg

This is the CS43L22 output, not related the internal DAC of the MCU.

The Discovery firmware package, which waclawek.jan linked to in his post, contains example code for this chip.

hussien kazan
Associate II

thanks for the information, i tried to find its name but i couldn't ...

can u send me a simple example link , because i search so much i couldn't find an example that is simply explained.