cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Loader Demostrator for STM32F107VCT6

Christine Chang
Associate II

Hi:

I' m trying to download the "Tiny_kernel_boot_loader.hex" via "Flash Loader Demostrator" on STM32's USART1.

At the very first step, connection settings, it says connection fail all the time,

1. baud rate = 115200 => not recognized device or .... etc.
  2. baud rate = 9600 + echo mode => successful to next page, but the devices in the selection list are STM8xxx only.

I also recompile the source code of command-line mode "flash-loader" to do the download, after the download is completed, and switch to user mode, Windows cannot recognize the device.

The attachment is my STM32 chip,

Could somebody help?

3 REPLIES 3

Perhaps consider the circuit and what other pins are active.

You need BOOT0 High, you reset, and then you have one shot at connection, I'd start with 9600 8E1 (Even Parity). If you can' get the Flash Loader Demonstrator to work you need to test the board/chip in a terminal application like RealTerm where you can send and receive HEX bytes. You'd want to send an 0x7F byte after reset, and see if you get an 0x79 response.

Review the App Node https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/b9/9b/16/3a/12/1e/40/0c/CD00167594.pdf/files/CD00167594.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00167594.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Christine Chang
Associate II

Hi;

1. my h/w config => boot1 Low / boot0 Hi PA9 / PA10 as USART1
  2. the response are several bytes randomly when STM32 receives 0x7F (with a terminal application)
  3. When debugging with command-line "flash loader", it shows the 0x79 is responsed but in different order.
  4. the dis-order happens when PC reads data fro STM32 such as GetID ... etc.

Christine Chang
Associate II

In AN2606, it mentions

14.3.2 Bootloader unavailability on STM32F105xx/STM32F107xx devices with a date code below 937

Should I? (I don't how to check the date code, I put my IC marking in the attachment.)