cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Version of STM32CubeMX

andy2399
Senior

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Ditch STM32CubeMX version 5.

This is the Worst software I have ever has the misfortune to use.

Previous versions were bad but I would happily go back now I see how bad V5 is.

Andy

P.S. Your forum software is only marginally better than STM32CubeMx V5

7 REPLIES 7
kurta999
Senior

From my perspective previous versions were OK, but this v5... It's impossible to use it on fullhd 24 monitor.. I'm not going into details, anybody can try it.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Are you facing some issues with the new STM32CubeMX version (broken or missing feature, low performance, ...) or is it just because of the new interface?

Thanks to provide more details about your point of view.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

andy2399
Senior

Where do I start !

The user interface is dreadful. As an example, if I click on Connectivity and then USART1, the configuration pane appears but how do you close it ?! Then I spotted these tiny arrows (and I am not using a 4K monitor) and realised if you manage to click the arrow the pane closes.

The menus are all over the place, there is a menu bar but also all these tabs with commands on the tabs (e.g. Additional Softwares).

If I browse to the project location, it brings up a folder browser dialog. I created a folder by mistake so tried to right click and delete it but it won't let me do that. Selecting the folder and pressing the delete key will not let me delete the folder. In the end I had to go into Windows Explorer to delete the folder.

Sorry but I just hate the look and feel of this new version.

Andy

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hi all,

For Full HD and UHD screens a huge work is on going to make STM32CubeMX fit better in those screens, these improvements will be available step by step in the next releases, for example, a font manager will be available in the 5.1.0 to select the font size of STM32CubeMX depending in the used screen.

To close the opened window for a peripheral selection, an arrow at the top right of the section could be clicked to hide or close this section but I understand that they are not usable with your monitor resolution so what about making them bigger or do you have a proposal ?

Concerning the browser window, I will share your feedback with the dev team to add all available browser possible actions

Mark Shoe
Senior

We do not want a font manager, there was nothing wrong with the IDE of the <5 version.

Amel,

I have only been using it for a couple of days and have not come across any bugs. It is just my initial views on the user interface.

Here is a radical thought though - maybe ST should open source SMT32CubeMX and allow the community to drive the useability of the software ?

Just my €0.02.

Andy

DGabo
Associate

Old version has definately a better UI! Please design for usability!