cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Error on SW4STM32

elguezzar
Associate II

Hi,

i'm working on my first project that i use touchGFX, i used ST tutorial to generate code for Eval Board STM32F429I-EVAL. i have an execution error : ../TouchGFX/simulator/main.cpp:30:22: fatal error: shellapi.h: No such file or directory

This error is in SIMULATOR main.cpp, do you have any idea about this please ?

what is role of Simulator ?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

The role of simulator/main.cpp is to allow you to run the created UI on the computer.

It is used to compile the UI for windows platform and not for STM32 targets.

Regarding SW4STM32, we see that the simulator files are included by default for target builds, which of course they shouldn't be. To fix this please filter out any files related to simulation since they include windows related header/source files.

Regards

Anders

elguezzar
Associate II

Thank you for your reactivity 🙂

do you have any idea how to filter all files related to simulation without generate others errors ?

Do ST have an option to deactivate génération of these files ?

Best Regards !

Mon2
Senior III

@elguezzar​, it is a royal waste of life attempting this with the SW4STM32 toolchain with TouchGFX. Being stubborn, killed the day on this effort. The TouchGFX wizard is written in a format that only twins would understand. Better to wait it out till this is all debugged correctly. Better yet, work with the IAR toolchain. Keil is also broken so there are limited (working) choices.

SW4STM32 works fine till you launch the TouchGFX integration.

As I say, "it ain't much of a wizard if you have to debug for weeks to get the code to compile correctly", next...

Hi, @Mon2​ ,

Yes i agree with you, i migrated to Attolic TrueStudio and it work better and without error,

Now i can display my GUI on my eval board without any limitations.

I'm working now on a tutorial and i'll shared it in this community 🙂 *

This is my first example using CubeMx 5.0.0 and touchGFX 4.10.0

0690X000006CpjZQAS.jpg

Hi!

Good job - We're trying to improve support for STM32F4 in CubeMX (And STM32F7 for that matter) with respect to TouchGFX and will provide articles that cover how to configure projects properly when creating projects straight out of CubeMX.

If you create applications using the TouchGFX designer, we've converted some of the F7 based application templates to CubeMX and are working our way through the rest.

Thanks!

Hello @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I've been trying to build my TouchGFX project using SW4STM32 and STM32F746G-DISCO for the last several months.

I am making progress. After the last CubeMX upgrade, I can now build it without touch driver support.

I still cannot get the touch driver working because SW4STM32 refuses to use the BSP driver files. I've tried copying them into the CubeMX generated project and setting my include paths accordingly and I've also tried setting the include paths to point into the CubeMX repository. No matter what I do, SW4STM32 cannot find the BSP_TS_Init and other functions in stm32746g_discovery_ts.c.

When you provide the how to configure articles, where will they be located? What is the best way for me to see them as soon as they come out.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Clark Sann​ ,

Sorry you're having such issues! We're in the process of migrating TouchGFX articles from their current location on Zendesk to the ST community platform, so this is where these new CubeMX articles will be located and we'll surely let everyone know when there's any activity on CubeMX / TouchGFX integration because it's an ongoing process right now.

Are you having issues with all .c files, or is it just related to the touch controller?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Martin