cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-L476RG Input Capture Is Not Capturing

Rogers.Gary
Senior II

Hello:

Using IAR EWARM 7.8 for these tests. IAR provides working HAL examples for the STM32F4 Discovery boards. They have a specific example for both input capture, and PWM capture on the STM32F4 Discovery. Both examples work....both capture a 2KHz square wave in to the pins (PA9,PC7) for each example.

Over to the NUCLEO-L476RG. IAR provides an example for that, both timer input capture and PWM capture. Supposed to be ready to go and "tested". Ditto for CubeMX examples, under cube's folder version "STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.13.0". Neither of those sources work on the Nucleo board...and I have two boards that are new.

I put a LED toggle in the interrupt TIMx_IRQHandler. Never lights it.

What gives....anyone tried these "tested" examples? Why would HAL work on the old Discovery board, and not on the Nucleo board?

Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My crystal cube is completely hazy on this, but here are a few tips:

• make a basic loopdelay-based blinky with the LED. Blinks?
  • write a simple copy from the input pin to the LED pin. Works?
  • write a blinky with the timer/interrupt. Works?
  • if by now the original example still does not work, read out and check the relevant TIM and GPIO registers content.

JW

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Sure you've got it connected to the right pin? PA9 D8 on the Shield header.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

My crystal cube is completely hazy on this, but here are a few tips:

• make a basic loopdelay-based blinky with the LED. Blinks?
  • write a simple copy from the input pin to the LED pin. Works?
  • write a blinky with the timer/interrupt. Works?
  • if by now the original example still does not work, read out and check the relevant TIM and GPIO registers content.

JW

Rogers.Gary
Senior II

Hi Clive, Jan:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It was me....guilty. The sig gen was adding a DC offset and causing convulsions on the capture. Once I discovered this, all is well.

Last night I tried reposting on another topic (cubeMX) it kept messaging something like "Check your internet connection"....apparently, every time I clicked "OK", it checked my connection by reposting the same thing, 6 times. Then I got locked out....something about search pages getting re-indexed. After some searching, looks like ST has some work to do on this new website.

Gary

Hi @Rogers.Gary​ ,

Thanks for coming back to update us on the status of your question.

Please submit any feedback you have regarding the Community platform in @About this community​  space.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Could you let me know Gary, what browser were you using?

Rogers.Gary
Senior II

Thanks for asking....

it was Firefox Quantum 62.0.3 (64-bit) - yes, cache was flushed.

However, thinking it might be the issue, I had similar results on IE.

Gary

Gee, you wouldn't happen to have one of those Teas instrument crystal balls, would you? I heard they impair vision really bad. 8=)

Hi, what is "@About this community" space. Some kind of twitter feed or email? Anyhow...I replied to Brian. BTW - Still gettin that "Check your internet connection message right now even.......3 times in 2 mins

I am referring to this community space: https://community.st.com/s/group/0F90X000000AXs0SAG/about-this-community where we gather all platform related questions/feedback.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.