cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RM0433, Rev 4: STM32H743/753/750 reference manual missing DMAMUX SIG_ID table

Singh.Harjit
Senior II

Section 16.4.5 talks about the DMAMAX​ request generator but I cannot find a definition for what the SIG_ID bits mean.

DMAMUX1_RGxCR and DMAMUX2_RGxCR reference SIG_ID but I couldn't find a definition of these bits.

3 REPLIES 3

DMAMUXx_RGyCR.SIG_ID map to Table 117. DMAMUX1: assignment of trigger inputs to resources and Table 120. DMAMUX2: assignment of trigger inputs to resources, respectively, in RM0433 Rev 5.

However, this is again confusing. The SIG_ID field descriptions in 16.6.7 and 16.6.8 ought to contain pointers to these tables, and Figure 80. DMAMUX block diagram ought to contain names of register fields controlling the inputs multiplexers (for all the multiplexers, not only the triggers).

The same applies for all other RMs describing the DMAMUX unit, i.e. the fresh RM0454 of STM32G0.

JW

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @Singh.Harjit​ ,

The information could be taken from tables “assignment of trigger inputs to resources “ in sections “DMAMUX mapping�? as suggested by @Community member​ .

I have highlighted the need to add a link to those tables in the “Signal identification�? description for both “DMAMUX1_RGxCR�? and “DMAMUX2_RGxCR�? registers. I will keep you posted about any update regarding this request.

Thanks a lot for your contribution to the enhancement of our STM32 deliverables! 

Khouloud.

Singh.Harjit
Senior II

Khouloud, thank you.

My $0.02 - I have read it at least three times but on the DMAMUX request generator topic - I don't have a complete grasp on what it can do for me. It would be great if there was an application note or better yet, if the reference manual description could be improved.