cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RM0433, Rev 4: STM32H743/753/750 reference manual missing MDMA TSel table

Singh.Harjit
Senior II

Section 13.5.12 talks about TSEL[5:0] but I couldn't find the mapping for the Trigger Selection bits.

3 REPLIES 3
Singh.Harjit
Senior II

​Did some digging around and Application note: AN5001 - STM32H7 Series MDMA software expansion for STM32Cube

Table 1 is the missing table.

This information needs to be in the reference manual.

AN5001 contains only a fraction of the MDMA triggers table (and also incorrect bit width of TSEL, [7:0] instead of [5:0]).

The complete table is Table 95 in chapter 12.3.1. However, a link to it still ought to be in 13.5.12. (this all as of RM0433 rev.5)

Note, that the DMAMUX inputs tables are present in both the DMAMUX chapter and the interconnections chapter, although in an inconsistent form (which would deserve to be cleaned up, too). Why couldn't MDMA be treated the same way?

I wonder how could this be missed by the Cube programmers for most than a year. Are they frightened to raise a documentation improvement request or what? They should be encouraged to do so. Or, what would perhaps be even worse, are they provided extra information we mere users don't deserve to have? Thorough feedback from the applications crew should be an integral part of the documentation review process.

JW

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @Singh.Harjit​ ,

The information could be taken from table 95 "MDMA" as answered by @Community member​ .

I have highlighted the need to add a link to this table in the description of TSEL bit field. And I will keep you posted about any update regarding this request.

Many thanks for you both for your feedback!

Khouloud.