cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWDG_IRQHandler when trying to use DCMI in STM32L4R9AI

Rodrigo Maureira
Associate

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with the DCMI module in the STM32L4R9. It is getting stuck at the WWDG_IRQHandler soon after I call the funciton HAL_DCMI_Start_DMA(...) in my main.

I'm using the STM32L4R9I-DISCO board with the DM-CAM130 camera module.

As there is no example for DCMI and the STM32L4R9I-DISCO, I ported the code for the STM32L496G-DISCOVERY, making sure I was pointing to the correct BSP and disabling all references to the LCD which is not present in my board. (For now I just want to know that I can receive a frame from the camera). I also used the linker script from the DSI example for the STM32L4R9I-DISCO.

- I haven't setup anything related to watchdog.

- I checked all the basic IO configurations and peripherals related to the camera.

- I know that the camera works (correct clock comes out of the MCU and I have frames coming back (Checked with logic analizer)).

- I configured the camera to the miminum resolution (setting confirmed by LA) and I'm sure I have enough memory allocated for the buffer.

- I tried lowering the clock frequency as someone was having issues at high speeds.

- I tried to catch the DCMI interrupts and turn on an LED on them with no success (it gets stuck before that)

There must be a memory related issue that I'm not aware of. Inside the function HAL_DCMI_Start_DMA, the line that breaks everything is this:

SET_BIT(hdcmi->Instance->CR, DCMI_CR_CAPTURE);

So, when the capture is triggered, something goes wrong and makes it go to the WWDG_IRQHandler.

It would help a lot if anyone knows any reason why that could be happening.

Thanks!!

Rodrigo

2 REPLIES 2

GNU/GCC tools?

Is WWDG_IRQHandler at the same address as Default_Handler? Check the .MAP file if not sure.

Would indicate you're missing an interrupt handler.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Rodrigo Maureira
Associate

Hi, thanks for your reply!!

I'm using System Workbench for STM32... And yes, Default_Handler has the same address as many other handlers.

Maybe there is an error situation that is not included in the handlers of the BSP that I should implement?