cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of microcontroller for building a flat screen detector

BWolf
Associate III

Hi everyone,

I would like to receive some advice whind kind of MC I can use to realize my flat screen detector in the easiest way.

Thatfor I need the following things:

at least 8 I/O (more would be preferable)

1 Mux

1 Demux

1 ADC (8bit are suficient)

1 shift register

maybe something to be able to process the outcoming signal on a LCD Panel or something familiar ​

I would be glad if someone could give me some advice

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

What is "flat screen detector"?

JW

Perhaps sensing flicker, or tablet/phone use in a theater?

Idea/Requirement poorly expressed.

Mux/Demux of what?

Shift Register? Couple in SPI, USART, USB, ETHERNET?

For school projects, talk to your teacher or project supervisor, really their role to oversee/support.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
BWolf
Associate III

​Hi I'm sorry for the incomplete Information.

For a project in university I should build a 'Flat panel Imager' to measure x rays or other radiations depending on wave length of the light.  ( Measuring it with a Photodiode). 

Therefor a 4x4 Matrix of Photo diode should be triggered over Thin film transistors.  with four outputs of µController I wanted to set that one of the 4 rows is  readout and with the readout of one of the of Data columns.  I have a attached a Image for that (Image 2).

After that the data should be saved in a integrator (OP), the reset should be done with an output of the MCU. Before reseting the data should be processed with a ADC and shiftet to a serial signal. The serial signal should be displayed then. (maybe an LCD panel or something)

Thatfor I want to know is there any discoveryboard with some of the wanted parts already connected? If not what would be a appropriate?

For the background

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_panel_detector

Image 10690X000006CjVbQAK.jpg

Image 2:0690X000006CjUYQA0.jpg

Without any particular requirement eg. for speed, any STM32 would probably fulfill these requirements.

Diplaying on LCD is probably best done on a higher-end STM32, such as the 'F429 or 'F746. On the other hand, if you chose a LCD with controller with moderate pixel size and don't want any fancy high speed operation, any mid-range mcu would do.

JW