cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't compile any HAL/Cube project

zedeg
Associate III

Hello everyone. I facing next problem:

Just yesterday, TrueStudio worked perfectly, but program lost its lost capability to compile anything (not older project, that I compiled nicely till yesterdey, not new, CubeMX-generated projects).

I'm getting build output just like on attached screenshot with every project.

Also, I've got one of compile outputs, that consisted of messages like this: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is '*'

Only thing I could tie to what's happend, is that I've installed ASAP Excel utility, BUT I've DELETED it already, REINSTALLED TrueStudio, and getting same result.

Also, CubeMX has updated it's libs today, but since older projects don't work as well, I don't suppose that it's him...

No one beside's me didn't touched computer, so I'm pretty sure, that no preferences was changed manually.

Any help/hints, what could it be? Thank you.

Truestudio 32bit

Version: 9.1.0

Build id: 20181011-1241

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zedeg
Associate III

SO, OK, I've found a solution

Somehow, TrueStudio's workspace have been glitched.

I've deleted .eclipse folder in my Users directory,

0690X000006CiX2QAK.jpg

and Studio compile everything just right, now.

As for CubeMX project, that all is started with - it still generates same issue, yet it don't crush down compiler for every project any more.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Lead

I would guess your ... Excel tool messed up some registry entries or system variables Truestudio is relying upon.

> BUT I've DELETED it already, REINSTALLED TrueStudio, and getting same result.

That points to the registry, Windows' (TM) most famous Single-Point-Of-Failure (TM).

I would try a registry cleaner, there are several good freeware apps around.

Is that the only type of error you are getting? Try to include the <stdint.h> header in your *.c files before including cmsis headers.

It's only type of error I see in build output, however... First error True Studio highlights in code

editor to me is:

#else

#error "Define according the used Cortex core ARM_MATH_CM7, ARM_MATH_CM4, ARM_MATH_CM3, ARM_MATH_CM0PLUS or ARM_MATH_CM0"

#endif​

I Guess, that ARM_MATH is somehow undefined, but where can I define it for project (in Keil it's posible in project's properties).

Including <stdint.h> seems not possible to me, since CubeMX projects are too big, and I can't search for every use of cmsis libs.

So yes, I've tried it: Installed CCleaner, uninstalled TrueStudio, rebooted, installed TrueStudio again... Still same output

Check also Environment Variables

Try creating another User instance on the machine and install and test in that.

Watch also for AV software playing interference. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
zedeg
Associate III

SO, OK, I've found a solution

Somehow, TrueStudio's workspace have been glitched.

I've deleted .eclipse folder in my Users directory,

0690X000006CiX2QAK.jpg

and Studio compile everything just right, now.

As for CubeMX project, that all is started with - it still generates same issue, yet it don't crush down compiler for every project any more.