cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube v5.0 issues

LAfon
Associate III

I am not sure if there is another place to submit this, some may have suggestions to solve this that I don't see.

But these are the issues I have had with stm32cubeMX right out of the box, still haven't used it to a full extent, I was just testing the GUI.

I am trying this now in my 720p 15.6" laptop. Next I am gonna test in a 24" 1080p screen.

Everything being in the same window makes it so cluttered together.

And so many time I try to minimize the peripheral configuration and end up with the image below

Then there are so many scroll bars in each window because they are so tiny!

The independent windows were so useful for me. These aren't detachable.

Plus they are hard to manage, the arrows (with the red ball draw) are so tiny that, as I said, I keep opening/closing stuff that I don't want. Once I closed the peripheral configuration window and it didn't open it again when I pressed a peripheral in "system view" - I had to maximize the peripheral config window manually.

Btw, the shift+scroll wheel on the system view is way too slow.

Ah noticed now. If I press the gray bar with the minimize/maximize arrows, when you have the manual adjust window size pointer, the grey arrows stop working at all.

I've seen issues reported by users in a opposite screen, bigger and 4k.

Honestly this is a mess. It seems like it was done in a single screen, with a very specific size and resolution. All the dev and Q&A. Or maybe your using us as Q&A. I usually shown my student colleagues how CubeMX is pretty cool - I definitely would not shown them this GUI.

I would not make it possible to have all 3 windows (pinout view, system view and peripheral config) open at the same time if they aren't detachable as eclipse ones. Plus the way you control which one is maximized/minimized (with those grey arrows in gray bars) not only isn't good but it also doesn't work as intended.

While we're at it, the top bar is so big! Why do you need it occupying so much space just to have your media links, File/Window/help drop downs?

Then we have "Additional software" there instead of on "file" menu why? Or up there with the file menu if not in it. On the same bar there's "pinout" even when not in pinout view.

Project manage scroll wheel is also really slow, need to scroll so much to get to the bottom.

Now my question is, how to go back to the previous version...

Can't imagine this in a 14" or 13" laptop... My friend is gonna install CubeMX on his new 14" laptop so we can keep working, he definitely can't work with this version.

I'm all up for new things and better GUI and for that user feedback is important. But this is a work tool and I would like be able to work.

3 REPLIES 3
LAfon
Associate III

I tried to post a picture here and it shows on the editor when I do CTRL+C but then it doesn't appear on the post?

Here is the GUI picture I was trying to post

0690X000006CZTpQAO.png

LAfon
Associate III

After using it in a 24", full hd screen it really seems to be about the setup the new UI was tested.

Still it seems like everything is too crowded and those thin gray bars and tiny arrows on them still don't really help, they still have the same issues.

I don't understand how do you push this to us and not keep download links to older versions (if you do, I still haven't found them, only user submitted ones are they are too old. Makes no sense. People test your new release, doesn't work for them (maybe even something that really locks them out), oh well, let's not work until ST fixes it... a archive of previous version would really help.

Wood.Andy
Associate III

Whoever decided to make STM32CubeMX look like the recent Skype abomination should be taken outside and stoned to death with blown up Discovery boards...