cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Cube Programmer reports Corrupted Database

RAshworth
Associate II

I have just installed the STM32 Cube Programmer on a new machine (MAC osx), and it doesn't seem to like it at all. It appears to be installed ok, and connects to the st-link V2, but when I then try to connect to the ARM chip STM32F429, it complains about a corrupted database.

I have deleted the app and started again, and also re-downloaded it, but no joy.

8 REPLIES 8
RAshworth
Associate II

I have also upgraded the firmware

Markus Rudolf
Associate II

Same here with an STM32F413RGT6

RAshworth
Associate II

I found it was down to one of the SWDIO wires not being connected properly. Annoying that it reports this as a fault, when it is nothing to do with it!

Markus Rudolf
Associate II

I can rule that out as Debugging via SWDIO works fine.

RAshworth
Associate II

I have also had issues when the SWDIO pins are shared with other peripherals. Can you share your schematic, or let me know which pins you are connected to. There is a flag to turn off the SWDIO on/off.

Markus Rudolf
Associate II

With the newer Cube Programmer I get unknown ID, not the Database Corrupt message anymore. DFU Bootloader detected is 0x011A. In general USB seems to work.

RAshworth
Associate II

Ensure this line of code doesn't exist otherwise the SW will be disabled once the code is running! I had to physically remove my STM32 device and replace with another to get around this which is set by default. Go to the Pinout -> Peripherals -> SYS -> Debug, and make sure Serial wire is turned on.

//__HAL_AFIO_REMAP_SWJ_DISABLE();//if you use this line the device will turn into a vegetable!
 __HAL_AFIO_REMAP_SWJ_ENABLE();//Ensure Enabled

If it has been generated automatically via the CUBMx thingy, it will be in "stm32f1xx_hal_msp.c"

csard
Associate II

I report the same problem the board B-l072z-lrwan1 can't program ,