cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use the examples/applications in the Firmware package?

ColdPixel
Associate

I have an STM32F429 Discovery Kit (with included LCD screen). I am running Atollic TrueStudio. I want to run one of the examples provided in the FW package at:

...\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Examples\LTDC\LTDC_Display_2Layers\

First, I tried following the instructions on the Atollic TrueStudio blog found here:

http://blog.atollic.com/how-to-import-thousands-of-stm32cube-example-projects-into-truestudio

The import reported as being completed without errors, but the result was just a mess of folders and files that couldn't possibly compile.

Next, I made a new project using STM32CubeMX with the required peripherals in their default Mode, and then copied the contents of the inc and src subfolders from the FW example into the generated CubeMX project. The trouble is that there are still more #includes I am missing. For example, main.h has in it:

#include "stm32f429i_discovery.h"
#include "../Components/ili9341/ili9341.h" 

I did a search of the entire FW package and these files are not there.

I must be doing this wrong. What's the process for using the examples in the FW packages?

Thanks for your help!

~Nick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F429I-Discovery\stm32f429i_discovery.h

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\ili9341\ili9341.h

Projects typically contain "Include Paths" used by the compiler, usually relative to the project files themselves.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You typically use KEIL, IAR or SW4STM32 and load and build those projects.

Atollic, you'll need to figure out how to load, import or recreate the project/workspace

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Examples\ADC\ADC_RegularConversion_DMA\MDK-ARM\Project.uvprojx

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F429I-Discovery\stm32f429i_discovery.h

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\ili9341\ili9341.h

Projects typically contain "Include Paths" used by the compiler, usually relative to the project files themselves.

ColdPixel
Associate

Thanks Clive Two.Zero! I will try installing SW4STM32 and importing them with that. I also appreciate you tracking down those files.

GSome
Associate III

To load project into truestudio just drill down in the SW4STM32 folder to find

a ".project" no name just .project

Click on it and truestudio will load and convert it to a true studio project.

STM32F429I-Discovery\Examples\LTDC\LTDC_Display_2Layers\SW4STM32\STM32F429I-Discovery\

If have to be sure you have set up directory locations, I do not remember if default is set up when you loaded the project.

If not go to File -> properties ->C/C++ Build _> Settings ->Directories