cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom STM32 DEV board.. w/ on board ST-link.. illegal?

ea6987
Associate II

I want to make my own development board based on Stm32 but I want to have just one USB port , that when I plug it into my PC i can use something like Kiel to upload my firmware.. and not have to open up another application to up load through boot-loader.

I am assuming throwing in an onboard ST-link would be illegal since I have to somehow get the firmware since I don think they freely give out the St-link firmware...

Is there another debugging interface I can use free that both the chip and the IDE support...like DAP? again I NEED to have the firmware for the interface so I can actually upload it to another Stm32 which would be used as on-board programmer.

I have seen people make their own st-link but it requires taking the stm32 off a real or fake st-link dongle..

7 REPLIES 7

I think Segger offers commercial solutions for onboard programmers. ST hasn't provided software, or shown interest is selling chip level solutions like Atmel/Microchip

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

For the official firmware, perhaps ask your FAE .

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

For an unofficial firmware, search the net.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

For a free alternative, look at the BMP

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

I like to explain BMP, but it contains a banned keyword, rejecting my posting.CMSIS/DAP would also be possible.

The problem rhymes with "Smack Tragic" and is in a lot of Indian Spam posts to the forum

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

i have heard of Blue Majick Strobe but do the major IDEs support it?like system Workbench for example?